Lori Sprechmaschinenfabrik AG, Berlin Neukölln

Neilvanstem

Neilvanstem

Here is my Lori. By the seller, years ago, I was told it was a British machine then came the internet where you meet people from around the world with more information and a German collector said it was German. He gave me the name of the manufacturer which I have here Lori Sprechmaschinenfabrik AG, Berlin Neukölln. It is a large table top measuring 18 inches in width, 22 1/2 deep and 16 inches in height. The motor does not have much information on it but numbers only. It is double spring though looks small in the large case it is housed in.  It has a semi-automatic stop and original Lori sound box. What looks like original 'felt' on the turn table. Loud  it is. A good sound. Very dark wood is it oak? I have always loved it. So now share it with you. I have no idea of it's age though so any information would be appreciated. I think the sound box is later like mid to late twenties at least but only guessing. 

lori 2.jpg

lori 1.jpg

lori 8.jpg

lori 7.jpg

lori 6.jpg

lori 5.jpg

lori 4.jpg

lori 3.jpg

lori.jpg

lori motor crank (1).JPG

lori motor crank (5).JPG

lori motor crank (4).JPG

lori motor crank (3).JPG

lori motor crank (2).JPG

Lori (1).JPG

Lori (2).JPG

Thanks for posting this. A number of years ago in a small Antique shop I found a medallion that was obviously from a gramophone, but I had no idea what gramophone until today. Mine must have been attached to some model of  a Lori gramophone. It is a slightly domed metal medallion with a porcelain/enameled painting of the parrot and gramophone. My years of wondering what I have are finally satisfied!

20200621_102205.thumb.jpg.8f04a0aa6a2a9090877cd605bb70c562.jpg

• Like 1

Neilvanstem
4 hours ago, melvind said:

Thanks for posting this. A number of years ago in a small Antique shop I found a medallion that was obviously from a gramophone, but I had no idea what gramophone until today. Mine must have been attached to some model of  a Lori gramophone. It is a slightly domed metal medallion with a porcelain/enameled painting of the parrot and gramophone. My years of wondering what I have are finally satisfied!

20200621_102205.thumb.jpg.8f04a0aa6a2a9090877cd605bb70c562.jpg

Glad I could be of service!