Triumphal Addiction

Valecnik

With all these great Triumphs shown here, I thought I'd show my favorite from my collection.

It's a Model F in an oak Opera style cabinet, oak horn and O reproducer, bought from original owner over

30 years ago.

I use this machine to demonstrate how good cylinders can sound using the best that was available back then.

Put a Diamond B reproducer on and a late 5000 series Blue Amberol and they can't believe the sound quality.

TriumphF300sm.thumb.jpg.d0dcb023941f1a5aeb3e470803a19d0a.jpg

Picture quality isn't so good, time for a new camera.

Chuck

• Like 2

What a beauty Chuck!  I was hoping someone would post an F or G model.  I totally agree with you too on the sound quality except I would say that an early directly recorded cylinder sounds even better than a 5xxx series in my opinion.

Chuck

Is the on / off lever different from others and in a different position from others featured on this thread?  They appear to be different from the Triumphs I have as well.

Would be interested on comments.

I suppose if you had a better camera, providing a better photo, we could see it more clearly.😄

40 minutes ago, RodPickett said:

Chuck

Is the on / off lever different from others and in a different position from others featured on this thread?  They appear to be different from the Triumphs I have as well.

Would be interested on comments.

I suppose if you had a better camera, providing a better photo, we could see it more clearly.😄

Rod,

The F & G models use the Opera double spring motor.

After playing with my camera settings, it looks like I need a new cameraman.

on-off.thumb.jpg.0e95185be2c7ece0d98534530644c91d.jpg

Chuck

• 3 weeks later...

My Triumph A's feeling a little inadequate because he can't perform repeatedly like some of the other studs shown here, but when he performs for the ladies, he knocks it outta the ballpark.

He's got a really big horn! 😁

20211204_152157.thumb.jpg.970bccf455d096a844ad7570562623f7.jpg

Edited by Fran604g
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Fran604g said:

My Triumph A's feeling a little inadequate because he can't perform repeatedly like some of the other studs shown here, but when he performs for the ladies, he knocks it outta the ballpark.

He certainly looks like a bad butt Fran.  I'm sure the ladies are in awe of his performance, even though he's done in two minutes!

• Haha 1

On 12/4/2021 at 3:29 PM, Fran604g said:

It may not be the flashiest Triumph out there, but it's definitely the cleanest I've ever seen. It's a real beauty!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NateO said:

It may not be the flashiest Triumph out there, but it's definitely the cleanest I've ever seen. It's a real beauty!

Thank you, Nate!

...And I must admit the horn is unusually large.  As I recall, the bell diameter is something like 3 feet.  It's impressive in person!

George P.

25 minutes ago, phonogfp said:

...And I must admit the horn is unusually large.  As I recall, the bell diameter is something like 3 feet.  It's impressive in person!

George P.

George, 36" long x 22" diameter bell produced by Standard Metal Manufacturing Co.

You sold this nice horn to me along with that beautiful presumably TTCo. 30" long all brass horn I use on the gr. oak Home A with the Chicago Horn Support, what, maybe 6 years ago? It's perfect for my Triumph.

2 hours ago, Fran604g said:

George, 36" long x 22" diameter bell produced by Standard Metal Manufacturing Co.

You sold this nice horn to me along with that beautiful presumably TTCo. 30" long all brass horn I use on the gr. oak Home A with the Chicago Horn Support, what, maybe 6 years ago? It's perfect for my Triumph.

Well, I thought something was 3 feet about the thing!  It's a cool horn, and photos don't do it justice.

George P.

• Like 1