Edison Opera serial number database

Tinfoilphono

I guess April was "Opera month" for both of us Bob!  🙂

image.png.c6ac9f1d1263ca2f9031208ae3b43d52.png

Edited by Valecnik
added text
  • Like 1

Tinfoilphono

Thanks for the pics. I already have that one in the database but the Liverpool dealer plate is an interesting addition to the file.

• 2 weeks later...
PatheLogical

Hi Rene,

FYI: The Opera Database in the link above may have been updated (looks like on 12/04/2021), but I don't think it's up-to-date (i.e. current)😉. You may want to update your update.

Thanks,

Bob

RodPickett

The document referenced by the link René provided is the latest revision, dated February 28, 2022.  It is also one of the first documents uploaded to our pre-production Server.

The Document Name (Edison_Opera_Database.pdf), is not versioned so you could be looking at an older copy if you downloaded same – otherwise, your web browser should open the latest.

644288268_Screenshot2022-05-0206_14_10.thumb.png.63e8f281d9373b97ef8caafa972552cf.png

PatheLogical

Hi Rod,

Yes, I see that date on the pie chart --- but I see December 4, 2021 at the top of each sheet of data.  I see the same thing on three different devices with three different browsers. Are these data sheets (dated December 4, 2021) the latest revision? I know information on more Operas have been submitted after December 4, 2021. I did see my Opera's data (SN 1554) included in a previous revision of the data sheets.

Thanks,

Bob

Screenshot_20220502-113653.thumb.png.4da2ee745e79698e733399c50425cf63.png

Edited by PatheLogical

RodPickett

Ah,

I see your point.

Some auto-updates failed to occur, including Date and Total Count.  The data-elements were correct.

Thanks for noting the error.

This was actually a good test of “in-place” file replacement for our new storage-containers. - rod

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
PatheLogical

Here's another new example for the database. This one belongs to a friend.

Serial number 392

Mahogany

PXL_20220702_000951223.PORTRAIT(1).jpg

Edited by PatheLogical
Add Photo

• 6 months later...
Tinfoilphono

Forty more serial numbers have been added to the database in the past few months. The count is currently at 401, pretty close to 10% of the original production.  That's a large enough sample to draw some serious conclusions. Interestingly, oak "Concert"-labeled Operas are twice as rare as School Phonographs!

Edison Opera database.

Edited by Tinfoilphono

I am new to program, first time user. I was trying to look up info on my C250/19  SM numbers,I have 5 of them. I  then ran into the subject on Edison Opera machines. I saw the data sheet and seen that the SM of my machine wasnt there. I have had for around 4 years in good shape and plays well. The SM number is 223. I have the mahogany horn an also a tiger maple wood horn made by Don Gfell of Milan Ohio. I hope my Sm number will fill in the blank spot.

• 1 month later...

Mine is Concert 4362, in mahogany, now living in the east of England.  What lovely machines they are.  I am fortunate enough to have a Model L reproducer too which is if anything clearer than the Diamond A.

Well done Rene for this work. Simple demonstration of how a society like ours can further research.

Tinfoilphono

Thanks for the number. The database keeps growing.

Mine came with both L and A reproducers. Both have been rebuilt, but like you I much prefer the sound of the L.

I looked through my photos and have found another couple:

3191 is an Oak Opera

4463 is a Mahogany Concert

Hope this helps

Keith

Edited by Keithh
Typing error!