AG reproducer

Neilvanstem

I had sent an email out to someone then remembered hey we have a resource with this group. I will post a few photos which make the problem evident I think. This is the reproducer from my Columbia AG and wondered if all I need to do is apply a drop or two of bees wax to put it right? Or glue? All I have is cement glue or wood glue but thought bees wax might work? Neil

100_4582.JPG

100_4585.JPG

100_4587.JPG

Neil-

Yes.........Bees Wax is best and is totally reversible.  You should first remove what appears to be some residual glue on the foot of the cup.  Place just a very little amount of bees wax on the foot and apply very low heat/temperature.  The wax will melt quickly.

Hope that helps.

Mark

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phonomark said:

Neil-

Yes.........Bees Wax is best and is totally reversible.  You should first remove what appears to be some residual glue on the foot of the cup.  Place just a very little amount of bees wax on the foot and apply very low heat/temperature.  The wax will melt quickly.

Hope that helps.

Mark

Thanks again bees wax worked its wonders. I listened to a nice Grand cylinder with Len Spencer and piano. Now if only I could understand the title. Hmmm sounds to me like something Sadie and it is comical where he interrupts himself and says oh now wait a minute then continues on. Very entertaining I gather circa 1901.