Greetings, a few years back I acquired this Victor Model P. I am sure you know that this is a fairly undocumented model because it was given away as a "Premium" by stores when other purchases were made. It was also made up of parts available and took many forms. I would love to see pictures from other P owners. Mine is a straight P as opposed to a P-1, -2, or -3 and has a concert reproducer.

IMG_0013.jpg

IMG_0017.jpg

1 hour ago, RodPickett said:

You need to complete the series; P-1, P-2 and P-3, if my memory correct.

That would be great but because of the way they constructed these from spares, one P-2 may not look like another P-2. I really just want to see what others have.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is probably the most uncommon version of a P2. The ID tag calls it a PNo.2, I've only seen three of these

in years of collection all had serial numbers below 1000. Really cheap construction, cabinet is made of some type

minimal grain type wood and painted to look like mahogany. The cover plate is thin metal in a oxidized finished.

The motor is single spring and mounted to the base. The closest match I could find was in an old English ad and listed

as a HMV No. 6 motor. Concert reproducer. Any one else have one?

Chuck

PNo2.thumb.jpg.6cc811c7b60cd560507e0994209586c2.jpg

tag.jpg.97f613a626721c6d86f3b98664111369.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chucka said:

Here is probably the most uncommon version of a P2. The ID tag calls it a PNo.2, I've only seen three of these

in years of collection all had serial numbers below 1000. Really cheap construction, cabinet is made of some type

minimal grain type wood and painted to look like mahogany...

Chuck

I have only seen pictures of that version. Nice to have though. Is it a concert reproducer?

David

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a rarely seen Victor P model.  The case looks like a large Berliner case.  The serial number is 1002.

DSCN2316.JPG

DSCN2314.JPG

• 2 years later...