Recently Acquired Triumph B

A week ago I acquired this quite lovely Model B Triumph with no. 11 horn. I have made considerable progress on it and currently the springs are removed and sitting in my workshop to be cleaned, lubed and re-inserted, chugging being the only real problem this thing has. The top plate and upper works were covered in decades of grease, oil, and dust to the point where nothing shifted it. I have tried all the usuals in the past like Gojo (useless unless your hands are oily), Kotton Kleanser, Krud Kutter and some specialty grease remover I found. Nothing moved it. I used gasoline on a rag and it was gone in 10 minutes and none of what was left of the pinstriping was damaged. Lesson learned. I ordered new pinstriping and decals from Phonodecals.com and have progressed to where we are in the closeup. I had to re-order another signature trademark decal because I botched the first one on the front of the upper works. All in all I am happy so far. The 2/4 gearing is flawless and the motor is quiet as a mouse. Now off to buy gasoline and gird my loins for spring rasslin' this afternoon. Not to worry folks, I have done this before.

Triumoh.jpg

Triumph Top.jpg

Edited by Mainspring
Typo, hate typos

I don’t allow dust. When this is done, I split a towel halfway across and lay it over the top to keep the flibbertygibbet out of the works. Dust=moisture=rust

1 minute ago, Mainspring said:

I don’t allow dust. When this is done, I split a towel halfway across and lay it over the top to keep the flibbertygibbet out of the works. Dust=moisture=rust

I do the same - but eventually the dust finds its way in there!

11 minutes ago, Flashpanblue said:

So did you repaint it or carefully apply the decals over the old ones?

Most of the decals were gone but a faint color change was still visible. The top plate is the original asphaltum. The florets are a combination, some painted over faint original gold and some are decals where the floret was gone.