My latest acquisition- Victor VE9-54

electrolaman

electrolaman

Thanks to Wayne Robbins for selling me one of his Victor VE9-54 Electrolas! Wayne will be delivering this Electrola to my business in downtown Indianapolis this Friday. In the past (17 years ago)I have owned 2 examples of these Victor VE9-54s in past years and they are a lovely and distinctive Spanish Renaissance style cabinet with the Victor 2nd generation automatic record changer plus a Radiola 64. I am looking forward to rebuilding the electronics and changer and putting this in my home ASAP.

Carlton Smith

Indianapolis, IN

electrolaman

IMG_3060.jpg

IMG_3083.jpg

• Like 2

Auxetophone

Gorgeous! I would not mind having one of these myself. I think I remember seeing one at Union in recent years, but if memory serves, it was gutted. 

• 4 weeks later...
electrolaman

I brought home my restored Victor Talking Machine Co. VE9-54E Automatic Electrola with Radiola 64 (1928).

This all electric reproduction phonograph represents the second type of automatic record changer offered to the home market by the Victor Talking Machine Company.
The changer was also offered in the VE10-35X "Orthophonic" Victrola (acoustic sound reproduction) model and the VE10-69E which was Electrola only with 8" dynamic speaker. RCA (Radio Corporation of America) supplied all of the electronics and 8" dynamic speaker but was not the owner of the Victor Company until December of 1929.

The VE9-54E retailed in 1928 for $1,350.00
The VE10-69E retailed in 1928 for $850.00
The VE10-35X retailed in 1927 for $365.00

Here is a YouTube video of the VE9-54E.     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzM7Dzq9ME0

IMG_4472.jpg

IMG_4473.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Years ago, I owned a 9-54 Victrola, but I sold it to Wayne Robbins.  You could have my old 9-54?  But the radio was already done on mine.  Marc.

• 4 months later...
electrolaman

On 11/2/2020 at 4:18 AM, marcapra said:

Years ago, I owned a 9-54 Victrola, but I sold it to Wayne Robbins.  You could have my old 9-54?  But the radio was already done on mine.  Marc.

Marc, Wayne told me this one came from California. so it very well could have been the VE9-54 you once owned.

Carlton

Edited by electrolaman
added text