A Door to The Victor Listening Room

Mlund

I have now gotten the original Victor Listening Room door remounted and hung in the doorway to my listening room in the music building. This door would have been in a listening booth of a Victor Dealer in the 1920’s.  A special thanks to Curt Angstman for all of his help with this project. Now just for some staining and placement of knobs. It turned into a much bigger project than I expected, and I couldn’t have done it without Curt’s help.

FB0AC5BD-1A72-418B-A07B-5731B02D1F40.jpeg

E09D70E0-B213-4308-9E52-22072A3FF36E.jpeg

FAFBADAC-F3C6-496B-A6B8-FB990EA573C8.jpeg

4248FD8A-963B-42BB-ACBA-C358FCB0530E.jpeg

Edited by Mlund
  • Like 2

• Mlund changed the title to A Door to The Victor Listening Room
4 hours ago, Tinfoilphono said:

That's nothing short of amazing. I wonder how it survived?

It came out of Larry Schlick’s collection. In fact Larry had it mounted into a different (donor) door and used it as a door to his office. I had to remount it into a new (donor) door to fit my door jam. It is thanks to the early pioneer collectors like Larry that a lot of this stuff has survived.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
AudioAntique

What a great job in fitting that door into the new "donor" door. It's a great additon to your amazing collection. 

Here is a photo of the door when it was in Larry's entry to his office. If you look carefully through the glass, you can see his "security system."  We are happy that this piece of architectural history has a good home.

Victor Door Schlick.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing the picture from Larry’s. It is awesome to see it as it hung in his collection. Love his security system.