The Cail-O-Phone - "How Does That Coin-Operated Phonograph Work?"

Shawn

It was time to produce another coin-operated video for my series - "How Does That Coin-Operated Phonograph Work?"  

So I did!!!

The Cail-O-Phone is the absolute most well built coin-operated phonograph I have encountered to date.  It is a wonderful player.

Enjoy the video.  

[attachment=0]P Cail-O Main Video Thumb.png[/attachment]

And don't forget to check out my 5000 Blue Amberol Series video as well. 

Shawn

• Like 3

Thank you Rene'!!  I appreciate the support.  I really enjoy doing the videos. Its nice to know that other enjoy them as well!!

Shawn 

Shawn, you're Cail-O-Phone performs better, imho, than any other coin in the slot machine I've ever heard - not that I have a lot of those experiences. Smooth and clear sounding. Wonderful!

Thanks Fran!!  It is rock solid, the best designed that I have seen.  That being said, most of my 26 coin-ops perform well with few exceptions.  That being said, I am amazed that I can have a coin-op well dialed in, and performing well.  Then when I come back to play it in a couple of months, it fails to function!!! 

Its a complete mystery. 

Shawn 

• Like 1

Tinfoilphono
17 hours ago, Shawn said:

I am amazed that I can have a coin-op well dialed in, and performing well.  Then when I come back to play it in a couple of months, it fails to function!!! 

Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt. I can understand lubrication issues, since these often need to be well oiled, but it seems that sometimes they simply go out of adjustment, and that makes no sense if they're just sitting unused. It really is a mystery.

18 hours ago, Shawn said:

Thanks Fran!!  It is rock solid, the best designed that I have seen.  That being said, most of my 26 coin-ops perform well with few exceptions.  That being said, I am amazed that I can have a coin-op well dialed in, and performing well.  Then when I come back to play it in a couple of months, it fails to function!!! 

Its a complete mystery. 

Shawn 

I think perhaps also my opinion is very influenced by the record you played. Loud and clear, with little wow and flutter present. Wow and flutter drives me absolutely nuts. I'll admit those are things that drive me away from enjoying early recordings. Blame it on my infatuation with more or less modern audio technologies.