Edison Special Record No. 2 for Mr. Henry Ford 1925

melvind

Here is something unique. There were 2 Edison Diamond Disc records made specially for Mr. Henry Ford. This is the second of the two and contains two somewhat old fashioned string quartet pieces with piano. Ford was a fiddle fan and even played it a bit. This particular record has only been played 2 times. Once in a Diamond Disc machine and once for this transfer. They are new stock that was sold to some dealers by the Henry Ford Museum in Deerfield Michigan a number of years ago. I do not know the specifics of how they came to be for sale, but I do know they came from the Henry Ford archives. It is rare to hear a new old stock record of any 1920s record, but doubly rare for a Diamond Disc.

I think if this was indeed Ford's favorite music his parties must have been a bit stoic and dull. But, the records are pretty clean and really quiet for a Diamond Disc record. Must be how they all sounded when new and unplayed.

“Heel and Toe Polka” Special Record for Mr. Henry Ford 1924

DAHR: https://adp.library.ucsb.edu/index.php/matrix/detail/2000156895/9913-Heel_and_toe_polka

“Seaside Polka (Ta-Ra-Ra-Boom-De-Aye)” Special Record for Mr. Henry Ford 1925

DAHR: https://adp.library.ucsb.edu/index.php/matrix/detail/2000156940/9959-Seaside_polka_Ta-ra-ra-boom-de-ay

Edited by melvind
Missing word
  • Like 2

Auxetophone

Fantastic!

I have several of the Henry Ford square dancing records. Not very exciting musically, but interesting historically. 

Since this is very local to me, I can't let it slide...Greenfield Village / Dearborn, MI ?

• Like 1