I could not afford it... :-(

This morning I was at the Springfield (OH) Extravanganza and saw a beautiful Victor Schoolhouse for sale. Asking price was $2850. I really hate the ones that have to get away. I did pick up  a lovely searchlight horn in blue with hardly a single dent. But oh how I wanted that schoolhouse. Maybe one of you will be lucky.

I bought a VV-XXV two years ago and completed it last year with a horn from Stanton's and a lower shelf from a friend.  I am enamored with the machine and it is one that I would be reluctant to part with.  They are well worth some investment, but it is up to the buyer to decide what their tolerance is.  I bought the machine, minus the shelf, horn and back bracket/elbow for about $400.  I then bought the other parts later and have about $1200 in the machine.  It's a machine that I really enjoy. 

A few years ago, I was offered a complete example for about $1200 and just could not find a way to afford it.  Circumstances and opinions change over time.  I'm simply happy that I have what I have now.  I might have been better off buying the complete example, but I just didn't have the funds or risk tolerance at the time.

Matt