Question about Edison 10" - 12" keys?

marcapra

Here's a question for you. The 10-12 keys came out on Edison DD machines in 1922. Is it just me, or did they only put these keys on the console models. I have had them on my Baby console, Italian Umbrian console, William and Mary console, and I have seen them on a C-450 Adam console. My C-450 doesn't have them because it was assembled before 1922. I have never seen 10-12 keys on an upright Edison. Has anyone owned or seen an upright with those keys?

I also put this question on APE and J. Hart showed his L-19 upright with the 10 - 12 keys.  So I guess they did install them on uprights, although I think the 10 - 12 keys were included in the Long Play kit.  

I owned a very late C19 that was with all indications original (SN 172,249), with the 10"-12" selector keys.

I've also recorded six very late C19s with which this feature is observed on all 6 from between serial numbers 170,411 and 178,715. I haven't recorded the feature on any C19s before and including #168,593 and it doesn't show up after and including #187,153.

Sorry I can't narrow the field a little better.

On 9/7/2021 at 7:42 AM, phonogfp said:

Yes, the 10'/12" buttons were indeed part of the Long Play kit. 

George P.

Yep my long play console has the 10/12 keys. Wondering if an owner could have installed then on their upright?