June Issue of The Antique Phonograph

RodPickett

RodPickett

The June 2020 issue of The Antique Phonograph arrived today via snail-mail.

Another remarkable product of the Editor, Rene´ Rondeau and his contributors.

Sadly, there are three tributes to icons who were dedicated to the history and preservation of antique phonographs and related.

Another article authored by John Levin and Ken Flaherty document the obscure recordings by the Michigan Electric Company.

Finally, in Part I of his series, Michael Sherman opinions on the “Dozen Machines That Matter”.  What are yours?

• Like 2

Rod-

I got mine today also.  Can't wait to dig in and read it cover to cover.  I will get back to you on the "dirty dozen" once I whittle the list down a bit..!  But first, I need to read Michael's article.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Now you got me watching for mine.  I'm not optimistic it will come anytime soon, not due to the fault of APS but rather due to COVID.  The problem is very few transatlantic passenger flights so no way to ship the mail that usually goes along for the ride.

I recently mailed an item from Prague, Czechia where I live to Madrid, something like mailing from Minneapolis to New York.  Normally it should take 2-4 days.  It arrived after 17 days.

About the same time I sent a reproducer to Steve Medved in Florida for restoration.  That's been in a warehouse somewhere near me for three weeks already.  Hasn't even crossed the big pond.  Česká Poštá say expect a minimum delivery time of 30 days for transatlantic mail.

Lastly, my mother send me some DVDs from Minnesota over two months ago.  Still waiting....  

So... you guys enjoy your June issue while I patiently wait.  ?

Rod that would be great if it's not too much trouble.  They way mail is crossing the Atlantic, it could be a long time before I get my paper copy.  Thanks a lot!

37 minutes ago, Valecnik said:

Rod that would be great if it's not too much trouble.  They way mail is crossing the Atlantic, it could be a long time before I get my paper copy.  Thanks a lot!

I would be happy to try. Would you like to see the inside or just the cover? ???