Harry O. Sooy & Raymond Sooy Memoirs

Auxetophone

These are great. I'd read them before, but have never seen the copies of the originals before. Thank you very much for posting them.

• 3 weeks later...

What a great set of documents. They are fun to read and they are new to me. What is kind of interesting is that just a few days ago one of the comments to a post I had made asked the question, "Are you related to the Sooys?" I wasn't sure what that meant and had to look it up. Now I am reading their stories. Thanks for posting them.

On 5/18/2020 at 2:09 PM, Auxetophone said:

I found these to be a fascinating read! They cover a lot of recording history at Victor from 1898 - 1931. There's even a section on "Temperamental Artists" in Harry's memoirs, which I found amusing.

Credit: Hagley Digital Archives

harry_sooy_memoirs.pdf 25.23 MB · 4 downloads

raymond_sooy_memoirs.pdf 15.29 MB · 3 downloads

The pdf links say This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location.

Auxetophone
11 minutes ago, Steve said:

The pdf links say This attachment is not available. It may have been removed or the person who shared it may not have permission to share it to this location.

Steve, you may need to check your browser security settings. Perhaps you have disallowed downloads? I just tried in 2 browsers using my standard user test account and it worked fine. 

Strangely, the error message you posted is specific to Facebook, which makes no sense here. Feel free to start a new topic in the Forum Support category and include screenshots of the errors.