phonoobsession Posted 8 hours ago Posted 8 hours ago Hi, I can't identify the title in the announcement of one of my a Columbia brown wax cylinders. It says: "???? ???? ???? played on the orchestra bell for Columbia Phonograph Company of New York and London" (mp3 file attached) I trust it is no problem for a native English speaking collector, right? Please let me know what it is. Thanks!!! Cheers, Helmut Update: In another forum, someone suggested it could be "The Spanish Gavotte", but I can't find that title in any Columbia cylinder lists I have. orchestra bell.mp3
Henry Posted 7 hours ago Posted 7 hours ago To my ear, the announcement, though indistinct, sounds as if it might be "The Spanish Gavotte," but a comparison with a recording of the same title, linked below, doesn't sound like the same piece, even allowing for the difference in the instrumentation. https://dn801309.us.archive.org/0/items/78_the-spanish-gavotte_sydney-thompsons-olde-tyme-dance-orchestra-david-caryll_gbia0509293b/THE SPANISH GAVOTTE - SYDNEY THOMPSON'S OLDE-TYME DANCE ORCHESTRA.mp3
phonoobsession Posted 6 hours ago Author Posted 6 hours ago I found the answer - it is: Columbia 12505 - Stephanie Gavotte Thanks everyone for helping!!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now