Anticipation

RodPickett

Mine arrived today, after more than a month in transit.

For the record, these were mailed on August 3rd, as is noted on the mailing label. We always allow over a month before the cover date to complete the issue and get it to the printer, but with recent disruptions in the postal service magazines are being handled even more slowly than usual. Patience will be rewarded!

I got it. Good to see an article about the ready file drawers I still have my set (except the bottom accessories box which I sold with a machine last year)

I see the name Nancy Miller I think of my teacher in middle school that had the same first and last name. Probably not her lol.

3B972DA0-AEE3-463F-AAA5-9C14CA13188E.jpeg

Edited by AmberolaAndy

I'm pleased to learn that the September is finally being delivered.  Now I'm wondering when we'll receive the December issue.  Given the current performance of the USPS, maybe we'd better move up the deadline - - to next week!?

George P.

Oh gee since the pandemic I have fallen way behind in my reading. I have had to change routines as I no longer go downtown on our elevated trains which is where I did all my reading. So still trying to get used to reading at home. Some success with another magazine but now must catch up and our magazine. Looking forward to the last two issues and this new one too. Neil

CrackedWormgear

Mine arrived yesterday.

Great article on the Keen attachment. Cross between a trombone and a plumber’s tool kit. Something I probably won’t ever have so I’m thankful for my Columbia BKT.

Most interesting article on the Columbia Q and the original owner.

Again why I am a member of this great organization.

Regards,

Glenn

12 hours ago, CrackedWormgear said:

Great article on the Keen attachment. Cross between a trombone and a plumber’s tool kit. Something I probably won’t ever have so I’m thankful for my Columbia BKT.

Most interesting article on the Columbia Q and the original owner.

I'm glad you enjoyed the article on the Keen Attachment.  Columbia's tone arm machines such as the BKT are the main reason the Keen Attachment didn't succeed!  Those Columbias are fine machines.

I agree that Nate Ostre's article on the Q Graphophone and its original owner is a fun and fascinating read.  I hope to see more of Nate's writing sometime in future issues.

George P.

My copy arrived this afternoon! 

I'm grateful that people have enjoyed my small contribution to this issue. I've always liked my Eagle, and when I was finally able to pin down the original owner, it made that machine even more special. 

Nate

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, RichardLee said:

I got my replacement copy in 3 days! Wow! Thanks Rod & George.

You're very welcome, but the most credit goes to Jeff!

George P.

That Keen attachment  is interesting.. Did he make them for other phonographs. ???? I seem to remember, maybe ,possibly seeing one on a Edison.  Tom

On 9/29/2020 at 11:43 AM, RodPickett said:

RichadLee, and others who may still be waiting, please EMAIL APS to indicate same and a replacement copy will be mailed.

Still waiting Rod but let's not try sending a replacement just yet.  Strangely, mail inbound to the US seems to be relatively okay now, about 10 days but outbound to Europe is taking several weeks.  I'll keep you posted.  ?

8 hours ago, tomb said:

That Keen attachment  is interesting.. Did he make them for other phonographs. ???? I seem to remember, maybe ,possibly seeing one on a Edison.  Tom

The machine shown in the article is an Edison Home.  The Keen Attachment could be mounted to virtually cylinder talking machine with a wooden cabinet made in the U.S.

George P.