Planned Outage - Sunday 5 May - 2A - 4A, EDT - Platform Upgrade ×

First Phonograph of the Year

BenL

When I saw this Paramount on marketplace, I had to have it. It was a fourteen-hour round-trip to Ohio but was worth it.  I am very fortunate the pot metal tonearm is in good shape. (UPC brands are notorious for having pot metal tonearms that don't hold up.)

I was surprised to find the instructions inside the cabinet! I’ll soon scan and upload it. The red label Paramount didn’t come with it but was the first record I put on. (Merely for decoration, until I get the reproducer rebuilt.)

6A5DD321-B80C-43C6-BF86-E8BA2CE8F6B1.jpeg

59591D4E-1E77-4480-9F59-9BE436273640.jpeg

Edited by BenL
  • Like 2

• BenL changed the title to First Phonograph of the Year
Oceanlinerfanatic191
59 minutes ago, BenL said:

When I saw this Paramount on marketplace, I had to have it. It was a fourteen-hour round-trip to Ohio but was worth it.  I am very fortunate the pot metal tonearm is in good shape. (UPC brands are notorious for having pot metal tonearms that don't hold up.)

I was surprised to find the instructions inside the cabinet! I’ll soon scan and upload it. The red label Paramount didn’t come with it but was the first record I put on. (Merely for decoration, until I get the reproducer rebuilt.)

6A5DD321-B80C-43C6-BF86-E8BA2CE8F6B1.jpeg

59591D4E-1E77-4480-9F59-9BE436273640.jpeg

Nice machine. How much did it cost you.

21 hours ago, Oceanlinerfanatic191 said:

Nice machine. How much did it cost you.

$200, coming with around 60 records, but sadly only 2 period to the machine. What helped balance it out was a sapphire ball stylus mixed in with the used needles.  

Edited by BenL
  • Like 3

CrackedWormgear

Oh my! That’s unusually nice condition.

Looks like walnut in the photos. Having the tone arm in that condition makes it worth the trip!

The last Paramount phonograph I saw was in Columbus Wisconsin, about twenty or so years ago. Couldn’t hold a candle to this example.

Enjoy!

Glenn

• Like 1

Oceanlinerfanatic191
46 minutes ago, BenL said:

$200, coming with around 60 records, but sadly only 2 were period to the machine. What help balance it out was a sapphire ball stylus mixed in with the used needles. 

Thats very good. Congrats on it.