Edison Idelia

Nick

I found this Edison Idelia at the dump along with around 30 cylinders. It is in rough shape and missing quite a few parts. 
I’ve been researching and looking for information on this phonograph and found this site. 
Hoping someone here can help provide a few questions I have. 
Age? Serial # 33328D2

Cost for restoration?

Value in current condition?

Thanks in advance 

IMG_2592.thumb.jpeg.26bac6491b799d48ce5718fe7ec5a061.jpegIMG_2622.thumb.jpeg.62cd254d0f9f209556699f08aee4d7a5.jpegIMG_2621.thumb.jpeg.1b298fcf0368799c9c4e202b593792d7.jpeg

• Like 4

That is an amazing find!!! Congratulations!!  It is an amazing machine which is extremely rare and highly desirable. It will be an amazing restoration project and a machine certainly deserving of a proper restoration.

This indeed quite a find.

The machine's serial number is actually 83328 D2.  Since it is equipped with a Model O Reproducer, it likely dates from the fall of 1910.

Congratulations!

George P.

• Like 1

Rough shape yes but a very desireable model worthy of a professional gentle restoration.  How you do that is up to you but I would suggest sending it to an expert.  Holding out for original replacment could be slow going but there are very good reproduction horns and cranes now available.  Congratulations!

• Like 1

WOW...  You should buy some lottery tickets just in case this streak continues.  Fully restored (professionally) this could easily be in the $10-15k+ range.  But, it has to be done by an expert with correct parts - ask on this forum for recommendations.  Don't mess this up yourself.  If you don't want to restore it - leave it alone and sell it as is to a collector who knows what he's doing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CurtA said:

WOW...  You should buy some lottery tickets just in case this streak continues.  Fully restored (professionally) this could easily be in the $10-15k+ range.  But, it has to be done by an expert with correct parts - ask on this forum for recommendations.  Don't mess this up yourself.  If you don't want to restore it - leave it alone and sell it as is to a collector who knows what he's doing.

Fully agree with CurtA.  Anything less than a professional expert restoration will reduce the value, not enhance it.  There are only a few people out there I would trust to do it.

• Like 1

Nick, for restoration advice and a quote, contact Paul Baker:  Classm@roadrunner.com

His restorations are the best in the hobby and will add value to your machine.   It won't be cheap, but it will be perfection.  You have zero investment in this rare machine, so the restoration cost will be worth it.  If you can't afford the restoration, sell this to someone who can...

Thank you guys for all the great comments on this. 
Curt, I’m in Alaska  for dump reference!

I personally don’t have the time or resources to give this phonograph the care it deserves. I’ve had a few you you reach out and express interest. 

I still have this Idelia, been doing life, work, kids, shoveling snow!  I apologize for the slow/lack of response. I’ll get back on researching more about this to get an idea of what a fair price to ask.