Victor VE9-54

Jordan

Hello All,

I don't know much about this type of equipment, but my father just passed and I'm tasked with selling his estate. In it is a Victor VE9-54 that has been in the family home for as long as I can remember, and I'm 66. I have never heard it play, nor do I have a power cord for it. But it looks amazing from the outside. I'm looking to get a sense of it's value.

Thanks in Advance!!

20231116_122951.jpg

20231116_123018.jpg

20231116_123027.jpg

20231116_123037.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

My goodness, that looks to be in beautiful condition! At the time that it introduced, the 9-54 was the most expensive of Victor's offerings. It was manufactured by Victor from 1928-1929. It is amongst the earliest of record changer designs and retailed for $1350.

Seeing its condition and the fact that your father preserved it in its original state this entire time, PLEASE do not let this machine get junked or parted out. I am not certain of how much you can get for it due to its unknown functionality, but someone who collects these and knows how to restore them would undoubtably purchase this and return it to its former glory. I would suggest making a listing for this on here. Worst case scenario, if you were to list this as local pickup on eBay with a reasonable starting bid of $300-$500, I've little doubt that you'd find a buyer.

Hello! I have owned several of these VE9-54E Electrolas.  In today's market, unrestored a good asking price would be $1500.00. However, that is if it is all there electronically. So before anyone will take this sale seriously you will need to pull it out from the wall and remove the "lower" back and take good long shot and close up photos of the amplifier and speaker compartment.   Also pull the radio drawer out and take photos there as well.  There will be many small oval head screws with little fiinsh washer to remove the panel so don't loose the screws.  You also need to say where it is located.  

Good luck!

Carlton Smith

Indianapolis, IN

electrolaman

• Like 1

Forum members: I have been informed today that this VE9-54E has actually been sold to a friend of Chuck Azzalina.

Carlton Smith

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/30/2023 at 10:51 AM, MisterJive47 said:

20231230_094857.jpg

When posting images taken from copyrighted work, it's always good form to mention the source.  In this instance, it's Look For The Dog by Robert Baumbach.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MisterJive47
12 hours ago, phonogfp said:

When posting images taken from copyrighted work, it's always good form to mention the source.  In this instance, it's Look For The Dog by Robert Baumbach.

Good call! Sorry about that. You're right. 😅 I posted this as an afterthought once I found it whilst flipping through the book.

MisterJive47
14 hours ago, electrolaman said:

Forum members: I have been informed today that this VE9-54E has actually been sold to a friend of Chuck Azzalina.

Carlton Smith

Glad to hear that it went to a good home! That's a relief. Thanks for the update!