PLASTER CHARACTER DISPLAY FIGURE

shelly

"Yes, without a picture and maybe even a bit more info it's IMPOSSIBLE to tell." 

I'm picturing Howdy Doody & Buffalo Bob...

Mainly, because I have no idea what Alice Nielsen as Gilda would look like and I have no idea what your plaster character looks like - plus I'm into plaster roosters... LOL

Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 6.52.50 AM.png

Edited by CurtA

Shelly,Posting pictures here is easy.  Click to respond to this message, and a box will appear where you will type.  You've already done this. 

At the bottom left-hand corner of the box, you'll see a picture of a paperclip, with the instructions, "Drag files here to attach, or choose files..."

I always click "choose files" which will bring up all the saved files on your device.  From then on, it's just like posting on Facebook.  Click on the pictures you want, then click the "OPEN" button.  The image will appear at the bottom of the text box here.  Then, all you need to do is to click on the image in the text box and it will appear.  You can do it!

George P.

Nice work, Shelley!

I know of another of these figures, and the owner is on this forum.  I'm sure you'll hear from him soon...

George P. 

Hi Shelly

I am excited to see another of these amazing plaster Opera characters. I attached an advertisement that shows all the figures that were available. My understanding is they were not specific singers but generic. A number of costumes could be ordered with them. Your is shown in the advert as Carmen. But other costumes could be purchased.

The previous owner of mine thought it was Amelita Galli Curcci. But I do not think so after researching it further.

Here is a link to my post about my figure. It has pictures and all the info I know.

2033873831_PennFigures.thumb.jpeg.846da315992d3da532830c6340d8559a.jpeg

• Like 2

That is an amazing find, Shelly...  I hope I didn't cause you any stress about posting pictures.  

I love these figures and wonder if they were created by Luigi Biagiotti in NYC?  I discovered that he produced plaster Pathe roosters for store displays and that his factory supplied "plaster saints" and decorations for many catholic churches, movie props and building architectural details.  He may have contracted to produce these for Penn Phonograph...