Who Can ID This Machine from Boardwalk Empire?

Chrisingramci

Chrisingramci

Probably not too hard, and, as season one, episode one aired 13-years ago it may have been answered ages ago. Clearly has an Exhibition reproducer, and what a horn!  It’s just fun to point out theses machines when found in modern popular media..!

2EC7D111-FA9B-43B3-BC42-B6E517DF7026.jpeg

45A63DFC-DA10-4266-9EC0-F1F2F7350A6D.jpeg

0E2E4CC5-EAB4-4EF3-9472-C173F47EF5B0.jpeg

04A5E99B-9B7B-4A9A-86A8-DEB0ED4E3B9F.jpeg

Edited by Chrisingramci

• Chrisingramci changed the title to Who Can ID This Machine from Boardwalk Empire?

The mahogany cabinet and nickel plate would suggest a Victor IV.

I remember thinking that some collector must have assisted in providing machines for Boardwalk Empire, as there were a variety of nice, original examples.

George P.

• Like 2

Victor VI. I remember the scene. I believe the arm is actually gold plated, but yes, the reproducer appears to be nickel.

B'walk Empire gets an A+ for authentic and period correct props, cars & music. I believe there's a very nice Victrola in a later episode featuring Arnold Rothstein.

Edited by Jerry
  • Like 1

I remember one of the characters bought is girlfriend a VV-80 and thinking the year was "spot on" as to the time period the scene was supposed to be representing.... I don't know, 1922, 1923 or something....  not bad!!!

• Like 1

Springmotor70

I don't want to get or thread off topic of Boardwalk Empire but the best and worst appropriate machines seen in films or TV shows sounds like a great new topic to start for the forum.

• Like 2

I can't tell if that's a Vic IV or VI.  The photo is not clear enough for my eyes but at least they did their homework and did't put a crap-o-phone in the shoot.  Admittedly the record is way too new but hey, in the whole world there are only a few geeks like us that would notice that.

Is that blood spattered in the after market horn?  Very dramatic!

Edited by Valecnik
  • Like 3