An Appeal for Help with Research

phonogfp

Reposting and hoping for a response!

EagleTMCo002.thumb.JPG.057794885510e55a554d3fbb45d8fe8d.JPG

I am doing research on an Eagle Graphophone that was offered by the Talking Machine Company of Chicago in 1899.  This Eagle was called the "New Parlor," was highly polished, nickel-plated, and mounted on a cast base with four paws (the same base later used for Q Graphophones offered by Sears).

EagleTMCo001.jpg.f9b28d1664ae1b16ecba855927fd86f7.jpg

So far I have data on only a very small sample of these rare machines, so if you own or have access to one, I'd be most grateful if you would answer these three questions pertaining to your example:

1) What is its serial number?

2) Are the last 4 digits of the serial number stamped on the lower edge of the right-hand stanchion, preceded by a letter?  If so, what is that letter?

3) Is there a letter stamped into the top of the metal base plate at the back?  If so, what is that letter?

Any help would be much appreciated and acknowledged in a future article (unless you prefer anonymity).

Thank you!

George Paul

• Like 2

George, check your inbox in this forum. I sent note on June 19 and is says not read yet. Unfortunately, it doesn’t involve this inquiry.

Steve,

Gee - I replied to you on June 19!  My reply was there, so I cut & pasted it...and tried it again, so please let me know if it worked this time. 

THANKS!