Hit of the Week records

phono-phan

phono-phan

Has anyone had success flattening out Hit of the Week records? I recently found a stack of around 25 of them and they all are not flat. There are no cracks in the surface but don't lay flat on a turntable. There are some great tunes on these records.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I have a modern turntable with a weight that fits over the spindle to hold records flat. It works very well with vinyl and Hit of the Week records.

To play Hit Of The Week records, use a tire valve as a record hold down.  Obtain a Schrader valve from your local tire store (usually free) and cut off the large end as shown.  This makes a perfect hold down to keep the records from spinning...

Screenshot2023-05-28at4_30_10PM.png.5c63dc9f48fc000328f48d3a6e5dc3c3.png

Edited by CurtA

• 1 month later...
MisterJive47

I keep Hit Of The Week sandwiched together inside of a single, heavy 10" record sleeve if i have them on end in my shelves, to keep them fairly flat in storage. Otherwise, place them at the bottom of a heavy stack of records or books whilst not in use.

I like Curt's schrader valve idea. Personally I've been using 1/4"x2" fender washers stacked on the spindle as a cheap hold down weight, and had good results.

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2023 at 4:30 PM, melvind said:

I have a modern turntable with a weight that fits over the spindle to hold records flat. It works very well with vinyl and Hit of the Week records.

I use the same.  Most of my Hit of the Week are so warped they are otherwise unplayable.