Who’s Going to the Midwest Expo

Valecnik

I'm going to the Midwest Expo because I need more toys???  That's part of it I guess but also it's just a lot of fun.  Who else is going to be there?  

8DE69400-32A4-4284-9455-76F43F3A25A5.jpeg

8DD09454-811B-414B-8274-70726D184B62.jpeg

1CA52C12-BE80-4BE8-BB3B-515E9A5B3746.jpeg

8B3CF85D-C7E0-4775-869E-7B62C8DCF9A2.jpeg

Edited by Valecnik
Corrected error

I will be there. Traveling with Stan Stanford and Jerry Blais! I can't wait!

I need more toys too!

20230523_092602.thumb.jpg.244356ff0b717f1c4f6143ea4b8e3f9f.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roaring20s said:

Now that is creative and a hoot!

ScreenShot2023-05-28at10_25_07AM.png.491fa178ac8b2a88fc4310d0615d5b09.png

James.

It is, I agree but if I brought it home I'd be the one having to sleep in it... 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would really like to go to this event since it is basically in my backyard (well 50 miles anyway). I work every other weekend so it will depend on me getting this weekend off.

On 6/1/2023 at 1:12 PM, phono-phan said:

I am looking forward to seeing everyone at the Show. 

Let me know where you are staying please.  I"m going to steal your hood ornament!  🤣

phono-phan

It isn't that far away. I have been digging through my phonograph items and am gathering items to bring to the show. This should be a wonderful show with several exceptional dealers with plenty of great items for sale. Here is the link for more information:

LINK

I will be adding to the items I'm bringing up until the day I leave. If you need prices for what is shown, come to the show. If there is anything on your wish list, you will probably find it at the show. See you soon!!!! Ken Brekke

IMG_1818.jpg

IMG_1819.jpg

IMG_1840.jpg

IMG_1841.jpg

IMG_1842.jpg

IMG_1843.jpg

IMG_1844.jpg

IMG_1845.jpg

Sorry that I will be missing the show this year.  Last year was exceptional and a lot of fun.

Have fun guys

Bruce

I haven't made this show before and I am not sure which day I might be able to attend. I understand that if you attend this show Saturday the cost is $15 a person and Sunday is free. If i am able to attend Saturday are these tickets available to purchase at the event or do you need to purchase these tickets in advance?

4 hours ago, Sully64 said:

Thank You!

Try to make it Saturday if you can.  Sunday is not quite as good, many things already having left for a new home but if that's the only day you can make it, it's still well worth the trip.  Good luck!

Springmotor70
On 6/5/2023 at 8:04 PM, Sully64 said:

I haven't made this show before and I am not sure which day I might be able to attend. I understand that if you attend this show Saturday the cost is $15 a person and Sunday is free. If i am able to attend Saturday are these tickets available to purchase at the event or do you need to purchase these tickets in advance?

You certainly can buy them at the door.  There is also an early buyer available on Saturday if you would like to be among the first to get in and walk about the ballroom before general admission is open.

There are also some educational seminars which are free to the attendees.  Saturday the Rolfes will be talking about collecting Nipper items . Sunday there will be a short discussion about playing records  (for beginners),  a demonstration on caring for and cleaning cases, machines, wood and metal (same as last year)  and a musical demo and presentation on transcribing historic xylophone records.

Come both days if you can!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Springmotor70 said:

You certainly can buy them at the door.  There is also an early buyer available on Saturday if you would like to be among the first to get in and walk about the ballroom before general admission is open.

There are also some educational seminars which are free to the attendees.  Saturday the Rolfes will be talking about collecting Nipper items . Sunday there will be a short discussion about playing records  (for beginners),  a demonstration on caring for and cleaning cases, machines, wood and metal (same as last year)  and a musical demo and presentation on transcribing historic xylophone records.

Come both days if you can!

Well I tried to get a vacation day for either Saturday or Sunday off of work with no success. So I plan on just calling off of work and going on Saturday. Wife agrees that Saturday would be the better of the 2 days to attend.

Anyone know if there's a shuttle from the airport to the hotel?  I can't find anything on it.  Thanks!

7 hours ago, Valecnik said:

Anyone know if there's a shuttle from the airport to the hotel?  I can't find anything on it.  Thanks!

Good question - - I'd contact the hotel about that.

George P.

phono-phan

More items going to the Midwest Music Expo. I sure hope it will all fit in my truck. There are two very rare horns for a Victor front mount machine with the floor crane set up, flowered horns, all brass horns, mahogany horn, an all brass horn that can be used on a rigid arm Victor, all brass horns for leather elbows, etc... Here is the link to the show information: https://apsblobdeve.blob.core.windows.net/imageuploadtext/ApsBlob1683128124389.jpg

IMG_1882.jpg

IMG_1883.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg

• Like 1