HMV model II

Neilvanstem

Neilvanstem

Well HMV books say model 2 so let's go with that. Nice oak horn with gold lines. It has a Exhibition Junior sound box book says fitted for a short time after July 1916. A nice two spring motor book says those added during the great war period. It had patina(rust) galore so I cleaned it up. I will try to show some before and after 'patina' was removed. ha ha A nice find and so happy to have it. I hope you enjoy looking at it too. 

hmv blue magic used (1).JPG

hmv blue magic used (3).JPG

HMV crank cleaned up (1).JPG

hmv crank.jpg

hmv horn and silicone (5).JPG

hmv horn and silicone (7).JPG

hmv patina (3).JPG

hmv patina (7).JPG

hmv patina (8).JPG

hmv wood horn too.JPG

HMV15.JPG

evapo elbow finished (1).JPG

evapo hmv done (3).JPG

evapo hmv done (4).JPG

evapo hmv done (9).JPG

evaporust brake test before (2).JPG

evaporust change (1).JPG

Evapo stuff back bracket afterward (1).JPG

evaporust change (2).JPG

evaporust change (5).JPG

evaporust speed control (2).JPG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Christopher

This is not a Model 2, it is a Model B (H.B.O.), shown on page 62 of 'His Master's Gramophone'.  The label on the base appears to have no date stamp, but the double-spring motor and the quadrant speed control equate to others seen with a date of 1915.  The Exhibition Junior soundbox was normal on this model.  The wood horn was not, and is probably earlier; the gold lines are normally found only on early examples (cc. 1911) of the 18-inch oak horn.

• Like 1

CrackedWormgear

Nice job on cleaning up the nickel fittings. They have great patina. Their only original once.

Glenn

Neilvanstem

Christopher thanks for clearing things up. I guess the HBO should have been a clue. I confess I like this horn better then the one shown on page 62. Those machines look so similar plus with this horn no wonder I looked at page 60 by mistake but now after your comment I looked closer and see you are right so thanks. 

Auxetophone
7 minutes ago, Neilvanstem said:

I looked at page 60 by mistake but now after your comment I looked closer and see you are right so thanks. 

It helps that he wrote the book ?

• Like 2