Youtube download

Tinfoilphono

Tinfoilphono

I used to have an extension on my Chrome browser to easily download videos from Youtube, but that disappeared after Youtube made some changes. You can buy a paid subscription to Youtube and have access to downloads, but I wouldn't use that enough to warrant it. I've just learned of a new free option and gave it a try. It worked perfectly. It couldn't be any simpler: just place your cursor in the URL and put pp immediately after youtube. For example, if the URL is youtube.com/abcdefg, you would change it to youtubepp.com/abcdefg. That will take you to a website with multiple download options., all free.

• Thanks 1

PatheLogical

Thanks, Rene!!!

I tried it for downloading audio, with or without video, and it worked perfectly. I've often wondered if there was an easy way to download audio alone from YouTube so I could play the audio in my car using my phone or a flash drive. You have provided the answer!

Thanks for sharing,

Bob

Be aware however that there are some hidden "push" advertisements by using this utility.

These potentially could be a payload for virus or malware if compromised.

A Public Domain Linux Downloader has stopped working as well, likely due to YouTube changes.

Screenshot2023-03-2909_29_07.png.3bdba94af92c9fe86585c3550c03641d.png

Screenshot2023-03-2909_30_10.png.fa786c7228fd5476c4f8bb6059fccaa2.png

TechRadar and a few other reputable sites, recommend: https://www.4kdownload.com/-plbrz/video-downloader  Its an online tool that you just put in the URL of the video you want to copy.  It doesn have any extra bundled software and is pretty flexible and powerful.   It is free, but does have a paid subscription for downloading longer playlists. 

YoutubePP is not associated with YouTube and gets a mediore Scam-Detector rating. 

I have been using Clip Grab for years, with absolutely NO issues - ClipGrab is a 100 % free and easy to use YouTube downloader and available for Windows, Mac and Linux.  It's an app that you download and install - you don't have to use an online site and it works on other video sites like Vimeo, etc.  

Did I mention "FREE" and no paid subscriptions or credit card info needed.

https://clipgrab.org/faqs/howto-download-youtube-video