Advice on Matching Tone Arm

Sheraz

Will you please suggest which type of Victrola tonearm and reproducer should I buy for this machine?. Please also suggest the appropriate Victrola plate indicating the model number for this machine which should I buy for this phonograph. The pictures of the motor board and motor are here so you could suggest. 

Please note that the brake I have is the shorter arm type.? 

Thanks and regards 
Sheraz

7D1CFBE4-F2DC-4ADA-B3B3-85969C199C84.jpeg

B9609B21-A95A-4377-A0BB-82875BBA7044.png

• 3 weeks later...

Do you know if the arm should be acoustic orthophonic or pre-orthophonic.  I have a box full of both and may be able to help.  The serial number/model number of the machine would be a great help.  Measure the center of the tone arm bracket hole to the center of the turntable hole and post it.  I will try to compare this information with the tone arms that I have.  Maybe that will help you.

Matt

Maybe this one?  The motor board looks 20’s to me, I could be wrong.  Victor was using this “fat” tone arms then.  I probable have the same arm in nickel.

Matt

image.jpg

I trust the board with me and all parts on it belongs to a Victrola 260. However it has a four spring motor. It has a short arm brake. Probably this means it will have a long tone arm. Now you can make a better idea of what I need. Thanks and regards 
Sheraz

Pics online of a VV-260 show an arm similar to the nickel finish arm I posted.  With the reproducer installed, the needle should strike the center of the spindle hole.  Take a look at the measurements I have posted and compare to your motor board.

Good luck with your restoration!

Matt