Columbia BO cylinder phonograph

Neilvanstem

Neilvanstem

For many years and a few decades I had no Columbia cylinder machines. But those days are over and this is one I really love the sound of. It was restored but looks great to me as I have enough that were never restored so why not some of the others that were? A Columbia BO. I just can's say enough about my newly acquired Columbia cylinder machines. I like the sound coming out of them, the looks of them and the durability too.  Do you have Columbia cylinder machines? Can you show us them? So without further adieu here it is! 

columbia BO (17).JPG

columbia BO (12).JPG

columbia BO (13).JPG

columbia BO (14).JPG

columbia BO (15).JPG

columbia BO (16).JPG

columbia BO (8).JPG

columbia BO (7).JPG

columbia BO (6).JPG

columbia BO (3).JPG

BO photos 9.jpg

BO photos 1.jpg

Edited by Neilvanstem

Tinfoilphono

Very nice! I see you have the rare 2/4 minute factory adapter as well.

I have a similar BO with 2/4 minute lever, but with a nickel-plated horn. I bought this in 1963 at a local auction, along with a Herzog half-barrel record cabinet full of Indestructible and Blue Amberol records. At $40, that was by far the most expensive purchase I had made up until then (I had about 20 machines at that point).

IMG_2681.JPG

• Like 1

Neilvanstem
2 hours ago, Tinfoilphono said:

Very nice! I see you have the rare 2/4 minute factory adapter as well.

I have a similar BO with 2/4 minute lever, but with a nickel-plated horn. I bought this in 1963 at a local auction, along with a Herzog half-barrel record cabinet full of Indestructible and Blue Amberol records. At $40, that was by far the most expensive purchase I had made up until then (I had about 20 machines at that point).

IMG_2681.JPG

Nice nickel horn and hearing what you bought back in 1963 makes me want to go back in time. You made a great purchase for sure!

Guess I'll show my Columbia BO also. This one is only 2 min gearing, and has the Columbia spear tip horn.

Col_BO.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...