Were the Talking Machine World reproductions ever completed?

FloridaClay

Some time back, someone was publishing reproductions of Talking Machine World in orange paperback bindings.  I bought the first installment, consisting of the first 11 volumes of TMW.  I know the publisher, whose name I unfortunately have forgotten now, planned to complete the set.  However I don't recall seeing that the later set was available.  Does anybody know what became of that plan?

Clay

Hi Clay - - nice to hear from you again!

I believe it was Benjamin Livengood who had The Talking Machine World reproduced.  I too bought a set.  However, to the best of my knowledge no further issues have been offered.

George P.

Periodicals_Vintage_TMW_1905.pdf

thru

Periodocals_Vintage_TMW_1933 5.pdf

Are posted on the APS site under Member Resources, mostly complete.

Periodicals_Vintage _TMW_1930  4.pdf

Periodicals_Vintage _TMW_1934 8.pdf

Were recently purchased at auction, scanned and posted as well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 11:30 AM, phonogfp said:

Hi Clay - - nice to hear from you again!

I believe it was Benjamin Livengood who had The Talking Machine World reproduced.  I too bought a set.  However, to the best of my knowledge no further issues have been offered.

George P.

Appreciate the shout out, George! 

Honestly, I take very little credit.  I've only helped David Gleason maintain his website by keeping it active. His group is really the ones who have scanned most of them and put them online that I've shared.  His website (https://worldradiohistory.com/Talking_Machine_World.htm) has most years uploaded, but to Clay's original question is missing most into the 1930s. (They're trying to find surviving copies to be scanned and added!) 

I like his website because it has a search option that allows you to search inside any edition. The text converter isn't great, so you have to keep your search simple and go through the pages manually. The copies found by Gleason's group and scanned haven't been in the best condition, (The scans can be a little blurry.) but better copies have been found by others and put on the website internet archives. (https://archive.org/search.php?query="talking machine world"

I keep up with them and will let you know Clay if/when they find more copies in the 1930s and add them! Though it's been a few years since more editions have been found. 

Edited by BenL