Player-

mbellich

I have an old Player-Tone phonograph that I may need some parts for. All I have been able to find out is that Player-tone manufactured high grade phonographs in Pittsburgh between 1919 and 1926 and bough their mechanics from the Otto Heineman Phonograph Supply Company’ at 25 West 54th Street, New York. I'm not sure is Heineman manufactured the mechanics or was a seller for other companies. I am attaching some photos. Can anyone help identify the tone arm and reproducer?

Playertone.jpg

Reproducer.jpg

Tone arm.jpg

Player-Tone was a supplier brand that used the most economic parts when available. They changed parts if they got them cheaper or received a lower bid from a different company. Like most supplier brands they didn't use the same parts through their entire production run. Yours is using an Empire pivot base tone arm and a common supplier reproducer used on several brands, like World and Camp-Fone. 

Your lid catch is upside down and goes inside the cabinet, so the hook holds onto the rod. 

image.png.5817328b2d8874df7a8dc36586982db3.png

Edited by BenL

Thanks for the info Ben. The ad you sent is the exact unit. So for now I need a needle thumbscrew for the reproducer. I have ordered a couple different ones for different companies, one for a Victor and one for a Columbia. Hopefully, one of them will fit. If I need additional parts for the reproducer should I just change it out to a different brand. Is that even an option? Sorry for all the questions. I don't know much about these but am trying to learn.

Mark