Replacement Cylinder Lids

PeterPoggi

I doubt I'm the first person who has asked, but my search has not turned up any hits.    

Does anyone have a source for replacement cylinder tube lids / covers? Either blank, or with a place to write the contents? 

Peter,

Are you seeking Edison 2 minute or 4 minute Blue Amberol, or perhaps generic 2 minute or 4 minute?

• Like 1

Yes, but there is a size difference between cylinder containers for 2-minute wax or 4-minute Blue Amberol.  Perhaps you could post a photo of the boxes you seek covers for. 

Peter,

I'm afraid I can't help with a source for new Blue Amberol lids, but I and others are forwarding this thread to possible fabricators/suppliers. 

In the meantime, here are a couple of informational sources on the basic types of cylinder records manufactured a century ago, and the basic types of cylinder record boxes supplied by Edison and Columbia during the same period:

https://www.antiquephono.org/basic-antique-phonograph-operational-tips/

I hope these are helpful - -

George P.

• Like 2

Burdette Walters supplies reproduction Blue Amberol boxes and lids.  These are slightly larger in diameter than originals.

He also sells reproduction lids for the original boxes, with labels for identification.  These are what you seek.

You may contact him directly at:

burdettewalters@yahoo.com

• Like 1