Victrola model M parts

RJD

Hello,

I have a motor that I wish to restore. I am looking to locate the missing speed indicator. ( see photo). Also, as a machinist I can fabricate the missing crank handle if someone has a good picture that I can reference, or perhaps a handle is available somewhere?

I picked up this motor at a hobby machinist's expo. (Cabin Fever Expo, Lebanon, Pa.).

As a machinist and addicted tinkerer, it piqued my interest. I didn't really know what it was except for the handwritten tag saying "Victrola motor". 

Once home and attempting to identify it, I came across the Antique Phonograph Society website. From their identification page by Mr. Braker, I deduced it is a Type M. 

I have absolutely no idea how it functions, how it was mounted or operated and what type of talking machine it powered. As I stated, I bought it ($25.00) for the interest and beauty of the mechanism and thought to disassemble, clean and polish it, but I wanted tech info before I touched something I know nothing about. I did get a very detailed and helpful response today from a Society member, so I am a little bit farther in the game.

I build small steam engines, orreries, clocks and whatever suits me at the time. I fabricate all parts and gears, so this one should be no problem.

Thank you.

Rick

image.thumb.png.60cde83f532f1f8a493e02f49efd5216.png