Reproducer Wars: Victor No. 10 vs. Exhibition

melvind

I thought a video of a Victor No. 10 reproducer would make an interesting video. Then I thought it would be even more interesting if it also showed the reproducer that replaced the No. 10 as well. I had never heard a No. 10 reproducer before today. I recently picked one up and immediately sent it to Wyatt Markus to rebuild. He does such good work (and such fast returns) and I could not be more pleased or surprised at the result. Thanks Wyatt!

• Like 1

I know the 10 is super rare and really beautiful but the Exhibition is definitely an improvement, isn't it. 

Oh and the most attractive horn option for the Vic 6 has got to be that rubberized paper mache.

Yes the horn is the rubberized paper mache horn. It was restored a few years ago mostly because the rim was worn and damaged. But, it looks great and is period correct on an early Vic VI with a No. 10 reproducer. A wonderful combination.

• Like 1

Auxetophone

By the way, that's a great video, I love the detail. I have never heard a No. 10 actually play, it's far better then I expected!

Tinfoilphono

I would dearly love a #10............... I agree that it sounds surprisingly good, but the Exhibition is better. I should be happy with my Exhibition, but darn, that #10 is just such delicious eye candy.

Someday.

Neilvanstem

I don't get around much so never saw a #10 nor a round hole exhibition. Both are desirable if you ask me. Love the looks of that #10. A beauty for sure!