Appraiser seeking assistance - Shell-o-Phone

Carol

Hello,

I am an appraiser and am conducting an estate appraisal of the home in Dallas of a collector of antique phonographs.  He also has a large collection of wax cylinders as well as over 2000 records – nearly all being opera.  I an having the most difficulty defining a value for a floor model Shell-o-phone as I understand there are very few known to exist.  If any of your members can assist me, I would be most grateful.  I do not know what the disposition of the items will be as the family may decide to keep all or sell.  My job at the moment is simply to value for the estate.  I did reach out to the “Shell-o-phone” page info email and have not gotten a response.  On their page they have note of 3 known to exist.  Thanks in advance, Carol

40 minutes ago, Carol said:

Hello,

I am an appraiser and am conducting an estate appraisal of the home in Dallas of a collector of antique phonographs.  He also has a large collection of wax cylinders as well as over 2000 records – nearly all being opera.  I an having the most difficulty defining a value for a floor model Shell-o-phone as I understand there are very few known to exist.  If any of your members can assist me, I would be most grateful.  I do not know what the disposition of the items will be as the family may decide to keep all or sell.  My job at the moment is simply to value for the estate.  I did reach out to the “Shell-o-phone” page info email and have not gotten a response.  On their page they have note of 3 known to exist.  Thanks in advance, Carol

You might contact Donley's Auctions as they specialize in phonographs.