His Master's Voice gramophone?

Laura

A friend of mine recently inherited a tabletop His Master's Voice gramophone. It is missing the horn and tone arm, but does have the bracket and the turntable works fine when cranked.

However, at first I thought this was a vintage phonograph but am now wondering if this machine actually is a reproduction? 

I've attached several photos  of the machine that might be helpful to anyone who may be able to confirm whether the machine is a reproduction or appears vintage? Thank you for any information on this!

187.JPG

188A.JPG

189A.JPG

Tinfoilphono

I'm sorry to say that it is not an original machine. It's a modern creation most likely made in India. I hesitate to call it a reproduction as it isn't a direct copy of any original, just a generic design that simulates an old gramophone.

Here's a brief video showing how these are made today: 

Not exactly fine craftsmanship!

I very much appreciate your good input about this machine as well as the background and video.  (and I see what you mean about the "craftsmanship"! in the video!)  Oh well....Interesting that these machines are still being made today overseas. Thanks again!