Need Amberola 1A help

Tim

I recently purchased an Edison Amberola 1A s/n 852 and there's some damage to the storage drawer rear.

It looks like the drawers originally might have had something to hold them  on the guides but some parts are missing and I don't know what it looked like originally.

The vertical guide pieces have wood busted off but I don't have the pieces. 

I have some metal parts that connect to the drawer  back side but I don't see the the purpose, because it probably connected to parts that are no longer there.

I'm hoping someone can show what this looked like originally.

Yes ,I know the grill is upside down. It seems like someone inverted it in the frame at one time and I can't flip it around without taking it apart.

Thanks,

Tim

20210706_154813.jpg

Amberola 1A_1.jpg

Amberola 1A_2.jpg

Amberola 1A_3.jpg

Tim,

I see your question has so far gone unanswered.  I wish I could help, but my 1A had the metal retaining clips removed as well.  I've never been certain how they were intended to work - although their purpose is obvious.

In addition, my 1A's cabinet had evidently been one of those from Herzog which was damaged in transit and fixed at West Orange.   There are signs of old repairs deep within the cabinet. 

The vertical corner braces in my cabinet are unbroken, so if it would be helpful to you I'd be happy to photograph them.

George P.

George P.

I would be great if you could post pics of the inside rear of your 1A cabinet or send them directly to timothymland@hotmail.com.

The drawer guides can be removed from the inside, so If I can find out what it looked like originally, I might be able to remanufacture the damaged parts.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim,

Here are pictures of the record storage interior of my 1A.  I hope one or more of these will be helpful to you.

George P.

93153393_AmbInt1.thumb.JPG.c69f33ba0efed1e3d8161cef53201861.JPG

971772150_Ambint2.thumb.JPG.88c8d6139766646245f817c5a3bec15b.JPG

640882919_Ambint3.thumb.JPG.1a3c5a889a1939aad07aa4f287c96af4.JPG

1814447202_Ambint4.thumb.JPG.636ff5d092557d68e70465ef0cf07b48.JPG

196944171_Ambint5.thumb.JPG.d0c6a86ab0a6e23e1fefe4146a112019.JPG

• 1 month later...

On my Amberola 1A the Weber style, my drawers pull all the way out.  Like the pics above, there are two holes on the back ends of the drawers.  What are the two holes there for?  Did my cabinet originally have something in it that stopped the drawers from coming all the way out?  I used to own a Pooley 1A where the drawers could not be drawn all the way out.  

Thanks, Marc.

• 2 years later...

Just signed onto the Forum and researching out Amberola 1a's found this topic. I'm tearing into my !a which needs some much needed attention. It has been nearly 40 years since I last pulled out the drawers. The serial # on this machine is 1619. On the top drawer, each side in back has a hole drilled which holds an iron rod which extends just over the outside of the back guide. This protruding post keeps the drawer from being totally removed  It is a tight fit but these posts can be pulled back which will allow removal of the top drawer. The other three drawers have metal attachments that screw in place to keep the drawers from being pulled totally out. With the top drawer removed these "hold backs" are easily removed.

Sorry this is so late... hope this information might be of some help...

amberola 1a drawer.jpg

I have Amberola 287 and had 2448. They had the same exact black hardware as yours except they are U shaped and wrap around from the inside of the drawer to the outside. The bolts connect both sides together thru the holes in the drawer. You could use what you have utilizing metal washers on the inside.

IMG_3633.thumb.JPG.817ab4d2eca36e5b3afaa362cb8a3bec.JPG

IMG_3635.JPG

IMG_3636.JPG

IMG_3637.JPG

IMG_3638.JPG