Graphophone Identification

Schulz

Can someone please provide information on the Graphophone in photos. It appears to be a toy 78 player made of tinplate, previous owner purchased it in 1918. Thanks for any information. Regards.

IMG_20210612_140044.jpg

IMG_20210612_140026.jpg

• Auxetophone changed the title to Graphophone Identification

This machine is not known to be listed in Columbia's U.S. catalogs, and rarely surfaces here.  Hopefully someone will know something about it, but in the meantime, here's a page scan from A World of Antique Phonographs, by Fabrizio & Paul (All Rights Reserved).  Click on image once or twice to enlarge/sharpen:

burns001.thumb.jpg.04bc3453d13fd7ba6b7433b45fbdf9d0.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you phonogfp for the reply and information. This explains why I have not been able to turn up any info on the web, some of my post was lost in transmisslon, however I am so happy to receive your reply. The suggestion that this machine may have been made in Germany could have some credibility seeing that in that era they manufactured a lot of tinplate toys. 

Thank you once again .  

Regards  Schulz (Rob, Australia)

You're very welcome, Rob.  Hopefully, someone with more detailed information will chime in too.

George P.

KimberlyPayne

An interesting thing, I remember I once met it in San Francisco at the market, where the seller asked a fabulously low price for it, but I could not take it :C That was at 2011

Edited by KimberlyPayne

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to add to my original post that there is Factory 17 lightly stamped on the base of the machine . Maybe this may help further ID.

Regards  Schulz (Rob Aus.)