Sparks-Worthington Co., Sparton Sparks Ensemble Model 101 Radio~Automatic Phonograph (1929)

electrolaman

electrolaman

I recently acquired a Sparton Sparks Ensemble Model 101 Radio~Automatic Phonograph. This was manufactured by the Sparks-Worthington Co. Jackson, MI. There was an earlier 1928 model 99 that had a different changer. These Sparton ensembles are on the rare side to find in the area of all electric phonograph collecting .

Carlton Smith

electrolaman

Indianapolis, IN  

• Like 4

audiophile102

The quality of the workmanship and the beauty of the cabinet are outstanding.  The sound is superior and one day I would like to own a radio-phonograph, but repairing / maintaining them is intimating to me.  Should you ever decide to add an on line course to your YouTube page, I would be very interested in trying to learn.  

electrolaman

Neat find inside the Sparks Ensemble cabinet. Seems these cabinets were built in Salem , IN by the Stout-Smith Trust Manufacturers of High Grade Cabinets. It should be noted that this same company built cabinets for a number of Radio companies including early RCA.

IMG_7169.JPG

Edited by electrolaman
  • Like 1

audiophile102

Great video and an outstanding record.  What a great treasure to own such a beauty so well preserved.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Lovely machine! And that's a nice antique Aladdin kero lamp on top, too. I use these in my remote camp (no electricity---off the grid!).