New to me: VV-XVIII

phono-phan

phono-phan

I got a tip from a collector friend about a Victrola XVIII that was for sale. After a six hour round trip, I brought it home. The original picture didn't show the condition very well. The cabinet is very solid and complete. There are no loose veneer areas. But, the finish isn't in the best of condition. This might be a project to tackle once I retire. I have always loved the XVIII models but have never been able to find one that I could afford. It was in a small lake cottage sun porch for over 40 years. The owner lived in Chicago and rarely came up to the cottage. He decided to sell the cottage and asked a neighbor to get rid of everything in it and he only wanted money for this phonograph and a grandfather clock. When we got there, the neighbor already had someone with a huge enclosed trailer full of "stuff". The only thing left inside was the phonograph and clock. I may have to practice on some junk cabinets before I attempt to redo the XVIII.

DSCN2677.JPG

DSCN2678.JPG

DSCN2679.JPG

DSCN2680.JPG

DSCN2681.JPG

DSCN2682.JPG

• Like 1

Neilvanstem

Wow nice looking even with issues looks good. I would not turn one down. Congratulations. I hope you retire soon so can work on it and show us the results. Neil