The Singer Phonograph Co. Help in identifying this Machine, and its value. Thanks

arlord1

This was made by the Mandel Mfg Co. for Singer sewing machine dealers across the country. The Singer Phonograph Co. likely never really existed and was just a clever ploy to make it look like the dealers had their own house brand. (The entire machine machine was out sourced by the Mandel Mfg Co. Likely between 1919-1921.)

It's basically a Model '2' Mandel, being a rather obscures off-brand I'd put it's value around $75-$200.(Though that's not in a retail setting.) You might find a collector interested in both sewing machines and phonographs making use of the connection. 

Neilvanstem

I suppose the company that made your machine did not make my Singerphone console which says Milwaukee on it. It has volume control and can play lateral as well as vertical cut records. Has two 'buttons' to press but they no longer do anything. I think it might have repeated if the right button was pressed or returned and shut off. Only a guess. 

singerphone machine (2).JPG

singerphone7.jpg

• Like 1