Information Wanted on VE 10-69E Cabinet

msust

I have a cabinet just like your second one down.  I received it after my father passed away over 23 years ago and I have drug it around with me ever since. I know it was my great grandmother's. Can you tell me anything about it?

1617802964993987839013.jpg

1617803010525400335287.jpg

Auxetophone

Welcome!

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say "just like your second one down", however this is a VE 10-69 E Automatic Electrola (record changer). 

You can read about this model here: http://www.victor-victrola.com/10-69.htm

Is this just the empty cabinet, or is the machine inside still intact?

• Like 1

It's just an empty cabinet my father had the bright idea that he was going to make it into a bar and removed everything?

As a child I remember my brother and I climbing in and out of the cabinet playing with the records.  It's sad my father never did keep the record player. Would it be worth restoring?

With this group, it would be a sin to convert it to a bar.

Best to find someone who needs a cabinet or vice versa.

• Like 1

Auxetophone

It looks like the cabinet/finish are in pretty good shape. It would be ideal to try and find someone who has a 10-69 with a damaged cabinet and marry the 2 machines to make 1 good one. In any event, please don't convert it into a bar (unless it already has been). These machines were extremely expensive when new, and therefore rather scarce today.

• Thanks 1

• Auxetophone changed the title to Information Wanted on VE 10-69E Cabinet
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi folks,

My Father, Dwayne Wyatt of Wyatt's Musical Americana was a long-time member of APS and supplier of parts and repair of mechanical phonographs for nearly four decades. He passed a few months back and we are selling a number of things from his estate. One item is this RCA  RAE-68, which is a couple year later version of the VE 10-69E above, just after RCA purchased Victor in 1930, when they implanted a radio along with apparently a third version of the changer mechanism. This was sort of his gateway to phonograph's when he was a relatively large collector and repairman of vintage radios. This unit is complete and worked last I remember. 

I'm looking for a value and a buyer if anyone is interested. Any assistance you can provide would be very appreciated.

Thanks, David

20230128_144735.jpg

20230128_144759.jpg

20230128_144824.jpg

20230128_144842.jpg

20230128_144906.jpg

David, as i remember your family is in Ca. is that correct? If so I ma in Arizona, and getting some clear pictures of the top, and sides would be great. I know thta you are fighting the reflection coming in from the window. If you still have this unit you can also respond to me via my phone-602-622-7289.

Thx Abe Feder

On 11/19/2022 at 10:06 PM, LUCIO811 said:

Hola buenas noches le quedó alguna parte eléctrica cómo el control de volumen o te transmutador ??

Translation:

Hello, good night, do you have any electrical parts left, such as the volume control or the switch?

• 1 month later...
jhebertjhebert

David,  Have you found a buyer.  Your dad was one of my favorite go to people for parts and advice.  I truly miss him now.  He was responsible for my being able to restore many wonderful very old machines.  If  you have decided on a price and it has not been sold please let me know.   jim.pat.hebert@gmail.com  Thanks in advance.  Jim Hebert