Edison Automatic Phonograph Article

Analogous

I just got my March magazine of TAP and am unable to contain my enthusiasm for the exceptional article on the Edison Automatic by Shawn O'Rourke. 

As most of us know, the early history of the phonograph is complex and confusing, with interrelated companies and people concurrently working together and competing. 

Shawn has taken basic research, like the Ray Wile work published by ARSC and - for the first time, I believe - worked it into a clear, readable narrative fleshed out with details about groundbreaking technology.  This is no small feat and I'm proud that APS is a forum for this kind of significant contribution to phonograph collecting.

Thanks Shawn!

John  

Tinfoilphono

That really was an exceptional article, bringing clarity to a very complicated aspect of phonograph history. The description of the phonograph and how it works was icing on the cake. Amazing story and truly amazing phonograph.

I agree this was a wonderful article.

I noticed the change of leadership in APS. I want to mention that congratulations are in order for George finishing his term as President. And I am happy to welcome and encourage both John and Shawn in their new roles. APS has a great future with this quality of leadership!

John, all

Thank you for your kind words.  That is high praise coming from such well known and learned members of our hobby.   This was one of the most fun articles to research and write.   I am proud to be a member of APS.  The knowledge within this community, and the willingness to share is absolutely what keeps me here!

Shawn