Who Can Identify This Brunswick?

phonogfp

The APS received an inquiry today regarding the model of this Brunswick.  What is it? 

It's not shown in R.J. Wakeman's book (at least I didn't find it there).

Can anyone help?

George P.

1872199396_BrunswickPortable.thumb.png.616545ffd6d7b4768f41f22a245c8f62.png

I think it's the second variation of the 101, changed from the first design in 1923.  The first one had the one large drop down door and the swivel style tonearm on the opposite side reversed with the needle tin.  (I tried finding a period ad but couldn't find one.) I don't know when Brunswick changed the design in either 1924 or 1925, I thought the goose neck patent already expire for victor between 1922-1923.    

Thanks for your input, Ben.  Perhaps the owner of this interesting Brunswick might want to check The Talking Machine World beginning in 1924 to see if any ads were published there.  I checked July-December 1923 but found no Brunswick portables.  Here's July-December 1924 (apparently, there's no Jan.-June 1924 available on this site:

https://archive.org/details/talkingmachinewo20bill

George P.

Wakesman's book says Brunswick's 101 was introduced in January of 1923, here's the ad from the TMW.(https://worldradiohistory.com/hd2/IDX-Business/Music/Archive-Talking-Machine-IDX/IDX/20s/Talking-Machine-1923-01-OCR-Page-0115.pdf#search="brunswick portable 101") I tried finding another ad in the TMW for the second version with no luck, so I went over to Newspapers and it looks like they updated it around 1925. It's using the same knock-off goose neck tonearm Brunswick's 102 used the following year.  

The_Dispatch_Fri__May_22__1925_.jpg

Edited by BenL