The "Aretino Problem"

If you have any Aretino records with the 3" spindle hole you are familiar with the problem of playing them without an Aretino machine. There are plenty of simple solutions. I used to use the potters trick for centering clay on the wheel which worked but, it took some time. I recently purchased a 3D resin printer and started experimenting with 3D modeling software and came up with the adapter pictured below. Works a treat. There were 3 versions before this so a little R&D did go into. If anyone has a 3D printer, or know someone who does, I have made the .stl file available here. You will need to clean it up and file out the center spindle hole a little to get a perfect fit.

IMG_0254.jpg

Aretino Adapter.stl

Edited by Mainspring
Forgotten commas. Punctuation is important!!!

Thank you for posting this.  3D modeling software & printers will revolutionize these part-replication process and will be advantageous to phonograph collectors and many others. 

This might be worthy of an entire thread under Demos & Tutorials titled 3D modeling, to get other examples.

34 minutes ago, RodPickett said:

Thank you for posting this.  3D modeling software & printers will revolutionize these part-replication process and will be advantageous to phonograph collectors and many others. 

This might be worthy of an entire thread under Demos & Tutorials titled 3D modeling, to get other examples.

I would move it if I knew how. I like your idea. I am now working on one for the United records with large spindle holes. I have never got a 45 adapter to fit these.

Sorry,  I didn't mean to suggest it be moved.  Its placement is fine.    I think the entire subject-matter worthy of an independent thread.  I look forward to your further contributions on this subject matter, as well as others.

Since I do not have the ability to do that I bought adaptors and here is the one I use and my most recent records too. I bought these and some United. I have plenty of the Standards with larger hole.

Aretino records (1).JPG

Aretino records (2).JPG

Aretino records (3).JPG

Aretino records (4).JPG

Aretino records (5).JPG

Aretino records (6).JPG

Aretino records (7).JPG

Aretino records (8).JPG

Aretino records (9).JPG

Aretino records (10).JPG