The December 2020 Issue is In!

phonogfp

It seems that every three months many of us are taking the USPS to task for the slow delivery of the APS magazine, The Antique Phonograph.  This is especially true around the Holiday season, when many members don't receive their copies until late December or January.

Well, it's only fair to give a USPS an "attaboy" when they come through, so that's what I'm doing now.  My December 2020 copy of the magazine arrived today - - on November 12!

Merry Christmas! ?

George P.

APSdec2020001.thumb.jpg.bba23f9eafcb73b7592d218c2abb269c.jpg

APSdec2020002.thumb.jpg.c9c9ac8ae737b08a5bb7e54807341f36.jpg

• Like 1

That's good to hear.  I'm sure delivery of the December issue will be a bit spotty due to COVID, resultant surge in vote by mail and now the holidays but not the fault of the USPS.  Hats off to them!

No magazine yet but reading the contents above I am sad to see the In Memoriam for Howard Hazelcorn. Never met the man and the only thing I know about him is his book on Columbia cylinder machines. I bought that from APS at Union a couple years ago and use it often. Sad news for the hobby.

My copy arrived today! I'm looking forward to reading through it. 

George, I love your cover photo. They're always one of my favorite parts of the December issue. You should use them as a Christmas card every year!

Nate

Thank you, Nate.  Despite our esteemed Editor's requests for Holiday cover shots, I sometimes worry that the fireplace mantle might become overplayed (if it hasn't already!).  I shot a VV-IX under the Christmas tree a couple of years ago but it turned out awful.  I'll need to try some creative shots this Christmas.  Maybe some wax Amberols out in the snow...

George P.

On 11/16/2020 at 8:01 PM, phonogfp said:

Thank you, Nate.  Despite our esteemed Editor's requests for Holiday cover shots, I sometimes worry that the fireplace mantle might become overplayed (if it hasn't already!).  I shot a VV-IX under the Christmas tree a couple of years ago but it turned out awful.  I'll need to try some creative shots this Christmas.  Maybe some wax Amberols out in the snow...

George P.

I would suggest a stunt double for the wax Amberols scene ?

I got mine now a couple days ago here in Chicago. Great to have some good reading material. Good work to all who put this out and write articles. What would we do without you!! A big thanks. Neil

I received my copy yesterday. As always, a top-notch job was accomplished by the writers and our esteemed editor! Kudos to you all, but I must say the series Mike Sherman has authored truly captures my imagination. Great job everyone!

Thanks for the kind words Fran.  I've had fun writing Albert's saga so far.  Part III will be next December, and is set in the mid 1920s.  Albert has done pretty well in his career, and is managing the a local branch of a bank.  We'll see what he comes up with...

• Like 1