Edison Diamond DIsc "Charleston" on EBAY

ken53092

NOT my listing but thought I'd share it. Seller lists Edison #51542, "Charleston" with a buy it now price of 450.00.  Too rich for my blood but I know lots of folks who would love to have this record (myself included).  Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/EDISON-DIAMOND-DISC-51542-CHARLESTON-GOLDEN-GATE-ORCHESTRA-EXCELLENT-COND/284067414633?hash=item4223bcc269:g:2ysAAOSwNF1fU~1k

image.thumb.png.e7c9ef2453b401e5a16e595d5997cfd1.png

• Like 1

Well I don't think I'd like it that much. I also saw a long play record for $500.00 and that too is to much for me. I have two DD that use the word Charleston in their titles and both are good enough for me. Thanks for letting us know. Neil

After much thought and consultation with my wife...I decided to buy the record! I have spent YEARS looking for it and was moved to buy it after reading a post from a fellow collector who says he's tried to find one for 30 years.  The person I purchased it from is a long-time collector (thevictrolaman is his Ebay ID) and says he has been buying and selling Diamond Disc (and other) records for almost 40 years and this is the first Diamond Disc "Charleston" by the Golden Gate Orchestra he's come across.  I figure I can now die happy! :)  He assures me the record is in excellent condition with no scratches or chips.  Sometimes, I guess, you just gotta take a leap of faith!

• Like 1

Great. I have spent hundreds of dollars for something on record I wanted and was hard to find so understand. I believe I have bought much from the same seller. A good guy I think. Congratulations. It is just so desirable and so you are lucky and a winner today. Neil

• Like 1

The Victrola Man is apparently very well known in the collecting community. His reputation as an honest and fair dealer helped me make the decision to make the purchase since I know from others that he is always fair and reliable in his assessment of records.  Many times I've purchased from others on Ebay only to be disappointed when I get a record that has more hiss than music!  I'm sure this won't be the case here and just like that I have a new star of my collection! Can't wait to hear it in person!  Thank you for the reply, makes me feel much better about the expense. :) 

• Like 1

I guess that depends on how much you have to spend. Collectors of all types have different "bucket lists"...this record has been on mine for years and I would not have spent the money if I could not afford it.  Like you with your Paul Whitman version, I am happy with this version but not only because of the music, but also because it fills a hole in my personal "bucket list".  :)

• Like 2

Ha ha I needed the Drury High school band on DD from North Adams Massachusetts. It was my dad's high school though a few years before him. Many cousins born in North Adams Massachusetts went to the school etc. etc so I paid $300.00 for a high school band on DD. Here is a photo of the band and their itinerary while in New York. Wow they must of had fun. I have just collecting information about them. 

drury postcard.jpg

• 1 month later...