Amberol #51 "1812 Overture" - Tschaikowsky

Fran604g

This is reported to have been listed Oct. 1908, issued as "Overture, 'The Year 1812'" (Allan Sutton, Edison Amberol Cylinders, 1908-1913). I'm a terrible videographer, so forgive my lack of skills. I hope you enjoy the video, and a glimpse of the environment in which I find enjoyment.

Played on my Edison Home Model B outfitted with 2/4 minute attachment and 10-panel cygnet. 

Cheers,

Fran

Edited by Fran604g
Spelling

Nice Fran!  Those wax Amberols can be just amazing, can't they?  A bit odd this one never made it to BA.

What's the dealer decal say in your Edison Chippendale btw?

Just now, Valecnik said:

Nice Fran!  Those wax Amberols can be just amazing, can't they?  A bit odd this one never made it to BA.

What's the dealer decal say in your Edison Chippendale btw?

I've only recently begun to actively seek out wax Amberols. Although I've listened to a few, in my own space I'm really impressed at how nice they can be, and very happy that I can now play them. 

The decal is of the dealer Curt C. Andrus North Tonawanda, NY. 

Curt_C._Andrus_decal.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
Neilvanstem

Wow what a great cylinder to have on a wax amberol.... Loved it and the tour around the room. Thanks for this!

• Like 1

On 6/9/2020 at 6:10 PM, Neilvanstem said:

Wow what a great cylinder to have on a wax amberol.... Loved it and the tour around the room. Thanks for this!

You're very welcome Neil. Too bad we're not nearer to each other, I'd love to visit you, and your fantastic collection.