Jump to content

Timley Tunes RCA Victor's first budget records 1931


Recommended Posts

Posted

I finally have found a Timely Tunes record after a long search. It's not the most interesting music to me, but I love the label and thought I would share it here. I have made a short video of both of these records that will come out soon on my YouTube channel, but it only contains 30 o 40 second samples of each side. Here I will show the label images and a full transfer MP3 file of the music.

 

This record was recorded in late November of 1929 but not released until 1931. All 40 of the Timely Tunes records were released in one batch on July, 1 1931 and never released after. As you might image, they are pretty rare these days.

 

20261003_081736copy.png.d18297afd168befe2394fc686ea410d0.png

DAHR Link

 

20261003_081748copy.png.e34caa07b2222714a71027555c112295.png

DAHR Link

 

Thanks to Bob Coon here is an example of an original sleeve for Timely Tunes.

PXL_20261004_143624142.thumb.png.8f831c2d16be9f1e7d466dcbb9c727e8.png

 

  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...