Pathe semi-automatic brake

Neilvanstem

Neilvanstem

After a few years of wishin' and hopin' I could get the brake to work on the Pathe Actuelle I finally got it to work. Now I was told one part on it is in the wrong location. Where lever five is located (circled in blue) on my machine I use to start the turn table moving but was told in the proper location it is used to disengage the semi-automatic brake?  I did move it to the location it is supposed to be in but then it does not move in either direction. I need to see in a photo how that lever five is supposed to be positioned or is it okay where it is on my machine? Help! I show photos of my lever in old and alleged proper location and on the picture from the book where it is supposed to be. But I need a photo of it with turn table removed to see how it is positioned.

100_3425_LI.jpg

lever five actuelle.jpg

lever five too.jpg

Auxetophone

Here is the correct orientation. It's purpose is to engage/disengage the auto brake. They are fussy but once you get them set correctly they usually work fine.

IMG_5190.JPG.ab5e448dbd175b428c11c6c3cadf7759.JPG

Neilvanstem
32 minutes ago, Auxetophone said:

Here is the correct orientation. It's purpose is to engage/disengage the auto brake. They are fussy but once you get them set correctly they usually work fine.

IMG_5190.JPG.ab5e448dbd175b428c11c6c3cadf7759.JPG

Thanks for the photo. I almost hate to fool around with it again since I finally got it working and stopping at the end of a record but will eventually try to position it like your photo. Thanks again. I do notice now another gold lever that the lever discussed is on top of. Now what is that? I do not have that long lever. Do you see the one I mention? My photo does not have that one. In your photo it is to the left of the lever we are discussing. What is that?

Auxetophone

That's not a lever, that's just the top of the tonearm bracket. It's in your photo too, just less visible. 

• Like 1