Use for old stamped turntables.

phono-phan

phono-phan

Not sure what category this question falls into on this forum.   I have accumulated over 50 stamped turntables.  I have never been asked for one in over 40 years of working on old phonographs.  Are there any other uses for them?  I hate to scrap them but they are taking up a lot of valuable space.  I have already stripped the old felt off of them to re-use. 

I've had similar conundrums. My conclusion was that if nobody else on the planet wanted them, why must I be the chosen one to store them for the rest of my life. In my case, it was a group of phonograph motors for phonographs I would never want. I tried to give them away at a phonogrpah silent auction. No takers... They were getting ready for garbage day when a guy showed up to buy a bunch of 1920's newspapers from me. He asked what they were for. I told him, "They are for you. Take them with you.", which he gladly did. 

Maybe advertise them FTAGH, (free to a good home).

MisterJive47

Honestly,  I've had good luck selling off these kinds of items in lots on eBay. I had a bunch of turntables, some with the felt, that I put in a lot and sold. Oddball motors I've done very well selling, either rebuilt or for parts. I will say though that I had a stack of cabinet lids that I brought to the show that I just didn't want to go in the trash, and I gave them for free to an enthusiast who was going to repurpose them as shadowboxes. As long as it's something not useful, what's the harm in at least giving it new life and saving it from the landfill, right?